Road trip in Ireland

Road trip in Ireland

Author
Posted Mon 31 Oct 2022 12:32 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 31 Oct 2022 12:32 PM Visits: 109
A friend and I are off to Ireland for a road trip. Out itinerary is Dubin to Cork to Killarney to Galway to Ballina and back to Dublin. What are the top 3 sights that we must see on this route? We want to really get a taste of Ireland´s history and beauty. Thank you so much for the help!
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 31 Oct 2022 1:52 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 4 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Hi Rich,

Your road trip sounds really exciting!

Assuming you’ll be following the Wild Atlantic Way between Cork and Ballina, it’s quite difficult to pick a top three as there are so many places to see. Connemara (The Sky Road), Killarney National park and Achill Island would be high on my list if I was to drive the Wild Atlantic Way, but it's up to personal preference.

We just happen to have handy trip ideas to plan your road trip. Feel free to have a look at these sample itineraries along the Southern Peninsulas, the Cliffs Coast and from Cork.

Maybe other members will have must-sees to suggest!

Cheers,
Antoine