Accomodation

Accomodation

Author
Posted Thu 10 Nov 2022 12:07 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 12 Nov 2022 2:48 PM Visits: 4
Hello Miss, SirMy name is Emmanuel, I am a young French man of 22 years old, I am looking for accommodation in Ireland for a minimum duration of 2 months up to 1 year, I cannot find accommodation, if some have ideas to find it a.Thank you for your comprehension.
Emmanuel
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 11 Nov 2022 7:03 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (33 reputation)Community Member (33 reputation)Community Member (33 reputation)Community Member (33 reputation)Community Member (33 reputation)Community Member (33 reputation)Community Member (33 reputation)Community Member (33 reputation)Community Member (33 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 Jan 2023 7:39 PM Visits: 775
Hi Emmanuel,

It's great news that you are moving to Ireland! 

I know it is quite challenging to find an apartment during the housing crisis. You could join the Facebook groups of French ex-pats in Ireland, I know there is one specific to Dublin if that is where you are moving. You could find at least a temporary solution there, such as renting a room for a month or so. 

For long-term accommodation, you can apply for apartments on websites such as Daft, or get a relocation agent to help you. Make sure to send a strong application from the very first contact (pay slips, savings, LinkedIn profile, job offer, etc.). 

We wish you the best in your search and a great time in Ireland!

Bon voyage !
Marine. 
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 12 Nov 2022 2:50 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 12 Nov 2022 2:48 PM Visits: 4
Hi Marine,
I read your message for the accommodations, they are overwhelmed, I had a contact on daft who answered me and he already had people who were going to visit him the next day in Cork. On Facebook groups, many are also struggling with accommodation. I'm not necessarily looking for Dublin, I'm also looking for Galway or Cork. After for the money, I have already worked quite a bit, which allowed me to have a nice savings to afford this trip. But I want to use this trip also to work and learn culture and English. I then think of renting a room for a month but if you have contacts, I would be willing.
Anyway thank you for your understanding.
Emmanuel
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 14 Nov 2022 1:17 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 4 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Bonjour Emmanuel,

Hopefully you'll manage to find long-term accommodation during your time in Ireland! Apartment hunting can be tough if you aren't on the island already but I'm sure you'll end up finding something

While I don't have additional suggestions (rental platforms and ex-pats Facebook groups can already keep you busy), it might be easier to locate places to stay right outside of the main cities. You'll also find useful tips about long term stay and accommodation on the French embassy in Ireland website.

If you don't intend to stay the whole time in one location, you might consider WWOOFing, a system where you receive food and accommodation in exchange of work at organic farms. 

Best of luck! 

A bientôt,
Antoine