Ireland accommodation

Ireland accommodation

Author
Posted Sun 27 Nov 2022 4:03 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 27 Nov 2022 3:59 AM Visits: 1
I am planning a road trip for between 10-12 nights from Dublin and return to Dublin. Route looking south west of Dublin and then mid west coast and back to Dublin. I have 2 nights booked already in Killarney.
I want to experience Irish hospitality. B&B's, Castle stays etc. Can you recommend sites to visit.

Also are you aware of events where yo can eat and meet in peoples homes to experience true irish cuisine and home life. i experienced something similar in Hungary and it was a wonderful experience

Thanks

Michael

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 27 Nov 2022 6:15 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 9 hours ago Visits: 661
Hi Michael,

It's great to hear that you are planning a trip to Ireland. I'll be happy to help you with some of your queries.

For more information on finding accommodation in Ireland, this is a useful page to check out. You can find information on different types of accommodation, ranging from B&Bs to castle stays and everything in between.

In terms of places to visit, this trip ideas page may prove useful to you as a plan your itinerary. As an example, there is a trip idea of 5 days of the southern peninsulas that you may be interested in.

Staying in B&Bs is a great way to meet Irish people in their own homes and even eat with them. I would recommend that you contact B&Bs in advance and ask if it would be possible to experience local cuisine with them during your stay there.

I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Regards,
Eoin

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 28 Nov 2022 10:07 AM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)Industry Member (29 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Mon 11 Sep 2023 2:08 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hi Michael

Great to hear that you are planning a trip to the Emerald Isle. If you are looking for friendly and great value accommodation, with a warm welcome, then a B&B is the ideal choice for you.

Bed and Breakfasts make the ideal base when touring Ireland as they are close to all the must-see attractions and activities. They’re spread throughout the island in city, town, farm and countryside locations which means a friendly B&B host, and their home is never too far away. 

Warm Irish hospitality will be at the heart of your stay along with great food in comfortable surroundings. B&B hosts love welcoming people from all over the world and delight in sharing their region's hidden gems. You will also have the chance to meet other guests who are staying in the B&B and share travel stories and tips. 

The Irish B&B Experience

Ireland is divided up into five main regions to make it easier for you to plan your trip around the island. See link below to learn more:

Explore the Regions of Ireland

B&B Ireland’s Locator Map is a fabulous tool when planning a trip around the island as it allows you to pinpoint which homes match what you are looking for. It helps you to find the perfect B&B based on your desired location and activities. Click on the link below to view:

B&B Locator Map

I would always recommend pre-booking your accommodation. Booking online with B&B Ireland couldn’t be easier. When your book, you receive an instant email confirmation of your booking. You can create login details which will allow you to easily add and amend bookings.

I hope this information is of help to you Michael and gives you some insight into how staying in an Irish B&B is more than just accommodation. If you want a unique holiday experience and to immerse yourself in Irish traditions and culture, then bed and breakfast accommodation is for you!

Kind regards
Claire