Rental Landrover Defender wit rooftop tent

Rental Landrover Defender wit rooftop tent

Author
Posted Sun 27 Nov 2022 5:14 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 27 Nov 2022 6:21 PM Visits: 3
Hi,

I am looking for a company that rents out Landrover Defenders with rooftop tents. I can find plenty of companies in Scotland, but none in Ireland so far. Can anyone help me.

Kind regards,
Helma
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 27 Nov 2022 6:20 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:27 PM Visits: 76K
Hi Helga,

What an incredible vehicle to explore the Emerald Isle off the beaten track! I'll see what I can do to point you in the right direction. 😊 Do you already know where in Ireland you'd like to explore with your rental Defender? 

The Camping Ireland website lists campervan rental agencies that might offer 4x4 vehicles with roof tents. Even though they usually have motorhomes and regular campervans, it doesn't hurt to ask if they have what you are looking for.

Another option would be to rent a 4x4 vehicle and a roof tent separately. The agency Overlanding Ireland (in Co. Tipperary) offers this type of tent.

We also have tips on camping in Ireland, driving and campervan travel that might be of interest. 

Let us know how it goes :) 

Cheers,
Antoine