Things to see in Belfast

Things to see in Belfast

Author
Posted Mon 28 Nov 2022 1:17 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 28 Nov 2022 1:17 AM Visits: 3
hi everyone,
Just asking if its cheaper to wait till you get to Belfast to organise what to do with tours etc?  My wife and I will be travelling on a cruise ship in Aug 2023 and we have approx 12 hours in Belfast.
Costs of the tours from the ship are rather expensive so can you do your own thing when you get there or is it best to organise things before you leave home?
My wife and I have both in our mid-late 60's however are quite active.
Would be interested to know what peoples thoughts are.
Thanking you all in anticipation.
Regards
Jim

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 28 Nov 2022 11:14 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 10
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 15 Apr 2024 4:38 PM Visits: 3K
Hi Jim, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I would highly recommend checking out our page on Belfast, if you scroll down you can find our 'Belfast Highlights' which has a number of attractions which may be of interest. There are free attractions like Botanic Gardens, which will not need to be booked in advance. However, you may want to book tickets online for the likes of the Titanic Museum or the Black Taxi Tours. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be glad to answer. 

Cathaoir 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 30 Nov 2022 10:41 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 20 minutes ago Visits: 76.1K
Hi Jim,

I hope you already have a clearer vision of how to spend your 12 hours in Belfast. I would personally suggest booking tours in advance to avail of the best rates. 

Museums like Titanic Belfast have fixed prices. However, it's mandatory to purchase tickets in advance.

As Cathaoir mentioned, a Black Cab Tour is a must to see the city and learn about its history. Companies such as Taxi Tours Belfast, Black Taxi Tours or Paddy Campbell's offer this kind of tour. 

Here are a few more concierge tips to make the most of your day in Belfast. Feel free to reach out again as your trip gets closer :) 

Cheers,
Antoine