Is there a sweet spot for visiting where the weather is relatively mild but crowds aren't crazy?

Is there a sweet spot for visiting where the weather is relatively...

Author
Posted Thu 15 Dec 2022 4:45 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 16 Dec 2022 1:50 AM Visits: 5
Hello! I visited Ireland a few years ago in the middle of winter and loved the frosty scenery and lack of crowds, but it was COLD (even for someone who usually deals with snow all winter long). This time around I'd love to experience spring or summer, but I also want to avoid peak tourist times if possible. I'm wondering if there's a good time to get the best of both worlds? Maybe April or May? I haven't done a ton of research into what I want to see or do, but I'm tentatively planning on Dublin for a couple days, drive over to explore the Ring of Kerry, then head up to Doolin. 
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 16 Dec 2022 11:32 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 11
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 6:45 PM Visits: 3K
Hi Megan, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

The tourism season generally begins in April, with longer days coming in and warmer temperatures, though still chilly with average temperatures of about 13C. If you want to experience the warmer weather, mid-late May is a good time, and still not peak tourist season, so you can get the best of both worlds. 

In terms of your itinerary, I would recommend checking out these Trip Ideas for some inspiration. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be glad to help out. 

Cathaoir