Starting from Knock

Starting from Knock

Author
Posted Sat 31 Dec 2022 1:41 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 31 Dec 2022 1:42 PM Visits: 2
Hi everyone,
Leaving in January for 4 days what kind of trip would you suggest me, driving to Donegal, Mayo or moving to the south ?
Please help me!
The weather could be cold….the last time a storm forbidden us to move to the coast!
Nature, sea, castles and small tows!
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 31 Dec 2022 4:35 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (13 reputation)Community Member (13 reputation)Community Member (13 reputation)Community Member (13 reputation)Community Member (13 reputation)Community Member (13 reputation)Community Member (13 reputation)Community Member (13 reputation)Community Member (13 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 29 Apr 2023 3:18 PM Visits: 91
Hi Ginko71

How exciting to hear about your upcoming trip!
Starting from Knock you have a great selection of options, here are a few I would suggest:

If you are heading towards Donegal, you may enjoy exploring the North-West of Ireland. This route allows you to explore cities and coastal roads alike, heading towards Northern Ireland.
Moving closer to Mayo, I can suggest visiting Achill Island, the largest of the Irish isles. 
You can find many historic sites in county Mayo such as Céide Fields, a 6000 year old dwelling with accompanying tombs.

From Donegal you are also on the doorstep of the Wild Atlantic Way. The Wild Atlantic Way remains Ireland's most popular touring route, covering over 2500 km along the west coast.
This journey will also bring you by sights such as The Burren or King John's Castle in Limerick City.

I hope these tips inspire you!
Please let me know if these bring up specific places or attractions you would like to visit.

I'm happy to help with any other questions, you may have.

Happy planning,

Megan.