Help! I’m in Galway but it’s raining all day. What can I do?

Help! I’m in Galway but it’s raining all day. What can I do?

Author
Posted Wed 4 Jan 2023 2:33 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 19 Mar 2024 2:27 PM Visits: 640
Galway can have very unpredictable weather, especially this time of the year. One thing you can count on is having a rainy day on your trip. While this may be disappointing for the nature-focused tourist, there are plenty of places to explore in Galway that will keep you out of the rain.

Get a good start to your day by having a warm breakfast and a cup of coffee or tea at Esquires Coffee. From there it is just a short walk to the Galway City Museum, which is free to visit and features nine exhibitions about archaeology, history, and sea science.

This part of the city has many places to choose from for lunch including McDonagh’s. The family-run seafood house is famous for its fish and chips and the variety of fish they serve.

Then, if you are looking for an unusual activity to add fun to your day, Great Escape Rooms has four rooms to try depending on the challenge level. There is even one modeled after an Irish pub that is recommended for beginners.

If you happen to be in Galway on a Thursday night, stop by Ireland’s smallest comedy club for their 8:30 pm show. For only €7, you can enjoy a night of craic and a break from the rain.

Has anyone else in our community got any insider tips for those visiting Galway? 
Tags