eCar in Ireland

eCar in Ireland

Author
Posted Fri 6 Jan 2023 11:48 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 16 Apr 2023 6:06 PM Visits: 151
Dear all,
I am planing to visit Ireland in summer with our ecar having Type2 and CCS connector, which is standard at ~30 000 stations in Europe. But www.lemnet.org only reports app. 10 stations with these connectors in entire Ireland.  (A basic type2 wallbox costs ~500€.)
Any recommendations?
Best
Rainer

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 7 Jan 2023 9:57 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hi Rainer,

It's great to hear that you plan to travel around our wee island in a sustainable manner with your own electric car! I understand it can be challenging to find the most up to date information about charging stations - thankfully efforts to increase charging stations and offer other more eco-friendly ways to travel are ongoing.

One Community post dispels some myths about issues with travelling around Ireland and provides some useful resources. In this post you can find out more about available charging points across the island of Ireland. You can search by type and I hope there are enough available that meet the standards of your car. On our website you can also find more general information about driving around the island of Ireland

I hope this is helpful and that you can look forward to a wonderful tour of the Emerald Isle. If you have any more questions please let us know, we'll be very happy to share more information and inspiration with you for your upcoming adventure. 

Kind regards,

Vera