Cork or Galway

Cork or Galway

Author
Posted Sun 8 Jan 2023 12:48 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 12 Jan 2023 7:01 PM Visits: 10
Hi folks and a very happy new year to all. I'm looking for some advice and guidance on where is best to visit, Cork or Galway?
Ideally I would like to be there for St. Patrick's day and I'm after the best craic destination.
I'm most likely going to be travelling alone and wondered which city is best for a lone she wolf?
Open to other destination suggestions other than Dublin. Have been before but I want a different experience this time around.
Many thanks 🥰
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 8 Jan 2023 7:23 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:33 PM Visits: 660
Hi Susie.

Happy New Year to you, too.

Now, that's a tricky question! When it comes to choosing between Cork and Galway, there isn't any wrong answer. Both are wonderful places to visit and you can't go wrong with whichever you choose.

The best way to make a decision is to check out our website and see which place looks best for you and your specific interests. You can find more about Cork here and about Galway here. Both are great places for the craic on St. Patrick's Day with parades and lots of festivities.

If you are interested in travelling during your time on the island, you can check out this Trip Ideas page for lots of ideas and inspiration, too.

Regards,
Eoin 
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 8 Jan 2023 7:49 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 2
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 8 Jan 2023 7:58 PM Visits: 3
Hi Eoin,
Thank you so much for your reply. I'll check out those links and see but I think Galway has got the edge. Cannot wait! 🥰❤️
All the best,
Susie
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 Jan 2023 11:19 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 hours ago Visits: 76K
It sounds like Galway got your attention, Susie! If you have more time in the area, there are many day trip options from the city or even in the lovely region of Connemara.

Do you already have ideas of what to see and do before and after March 17? 😊

Cheers,
Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 12 Jan 2023 8:28 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 12 Jan 2023 7:01 PM Visits: 10
Hi Antoine, I'm still trying to decide whether to go in March or a bit later on in the spring but, with so very much to see and do, I'll be spoilt for choice.
Best regards
Susie
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 12 Jan 2023 3:39 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:33 PM Visits: 660
Hi again Susie,

Absolutely you will be spoilt for choice! In terms of choosing the best date, it really depends on what you would like to do during your time here. If you are in Ireland on March 17th, you will be able to take in the wonderful St. Patrick's Day festivities that happen all over the island.

If you are looking to do lots of outdoors adventures, then perhaps waiting a little until the weather improves may be your best choice. But either way, you'll have blast, I'm sure.

Regards,
Eoin