Advice for my upcoming trip

Advice for my upcoming trip

Author
Posted Mon 9 Jan 2023 2:19 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 9 Jan 2023 4:10 PM Visits: 4
Hi, I will be traveling from Georgia (USA) in April to Ireland. The first week will be a guided tour through the usual tourist stops. The second week a friend and I are going to venture through Northern Ireland, April 15-21) We will begin in Dublin to pick up a rental car and drive to Larne for the night. The following morning, we have a reservation to do the Gobbin's Cliff Hike. After that was thinking of 2-3 nights in Portrush and then 2-3 night in Donegal. I am interested in a boat tour in Donegal? From there we will drive back to Dublin for the night to fly out the next morning. I am planning this itinerary myself and want to make sure I do this well. I am open to any suggestions on our time spent where, for how long and the things we MUST see.
Thank You in advance for any suggestions,
Janine Christian

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 Jan 2023 9:50 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 12
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 6:45 PM Visits: 3K
Hi Janine, 

Thanks for reaching out. Your itinerary sounds great! 

You could certainly spend a few nights using Portrush as your base, as it is very central to a lot of activities and things to do on the Causeway Coast. In terms of Donegal, I would recommend checking out this page which is a good starting point for what may interest you. I also think this trip idea would be a good fit, as you have mentioned hiking and it begins in Greencastle which is an hour from Portrush. 

I would recommend the Donegal Bay Waterbus for boat tours. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and I would be glad to help.

Cathaoir 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 Jan 2023 4:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 9 Jan 2023 4:10 PM Visits: 4
Thank You, I will check all this out.
Janine
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 Jan 2023 6:07 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)Community Expert (206 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 12
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 6:45 PM Visits: 3K
Hi Janine, 

I hope that can help with some inspiration for your itinerary for the North West segment of your trip. If you are struggling with any part of your planning, or have any further questions, feel free to reach out and I would be glad to help out. 

Cathaoir