Dublin at Night

Dublin at Night

Author
Posted Fri 20 Jan 2023 1:50 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 5 Jul 2023 8:13 PM Visits: 22
This photo was taken from a bridge over the River LIffey at night.

Some of the things I did at night in Dublin include playing at an open mike night at the International Bar at 23 Wicklow St; seeing the very last show on Hozier's "Wasteland, Baby!" tour at the 3Arena N Wall Quay, North Dock; Attended a sing-a-long that I can't even remember where it was because a former house mate got me in touch with that interesting opportunity!
Attachments
Dublin.jpg (208 views, 1.00 MB)
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 20 Jan 2023 1:06 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (370 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (370 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (370 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (370 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (370 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (370 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (370 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (370 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (370 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Thu 18 Jul 2024 3:39 PM Visits: 698
Hi Carell,

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful photo with us. It's an amazing shot that shows how pretty Dublin is at night.

It really sounds like you made the most of your time in Dublin. I admit to extreme feelings of jealousy that you had the chance to see Hozier live, too!

It definitely sounds like you embraced all that Dublin has to offer and that you enjoyed the craic!

Regards,
Eoin
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 21 Jan 2023 7:47 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)Gaining Respect (186 reputation)
Well Eoin (I had to research how to pronounce your name!)

You don't have to be jealous for too much longer as I am under the impression that Hozier will be releasing new music this year and do a new tour, so you should definitely go if you get the chance!

Here is a photo posted on Twitter with me and the artist at a signing at Rough Trade Records when it used to be in Brooklyn, pre Covid for the release of Wasteland, Baby!

https://twitter.com/CarellCasey/status/1616884926330044420?s=20&t=3LaS1fMx6Yq-T-O4-6SKtg

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 22 Jan 2023 2:57 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 27
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:35 AM Visits: 76.6K
You seem to be a big fan, Carell! How nice that you got to meet and see Hozier perform live.

I personally remember Hozier from this session , live from a church in Dingle during one of the Other Voices live streams. I hope he releases some new music soon.

Maybe you'd like to discover other musicians who are natives of the island?

Cheers,
Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 22 Jan 2023 8:35 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
I am a fan of maybe every Irish rock star that ever got well known (and some who didn't get super well known) in the States including U2 who I've loved since 1985 and made my first fan art of around that time frame and had hanging in my college dorm room (My pre college bedroom was wallpapered with photographs and illustrations of rock stars cut out of Rolling Stone Magazine), Glen Hansard, Sinead O'Connor, Sinead Lohan, Snow Patrol, Dermot Kennedy, Van Morrison & The Waterboys, 

And Scottish and Welsh like Catatonia, Belle and Sebastien, Sheena Easton and Camera Obscura. I used to like Big Country and felt an unusually deep sense of loss when the singer of that band passed. Maybe because I had a celebrity crush?

But I will check out that link you sent as well!

Here is a selfie I got with the lead singer of Snow Patrol after a show at The Ryman Theater in Nashville in 2019
https://twitter.com/CarellCasey/status/1602834466128412672

And several Irish artist related fan arts I made in the last few years.

https://twitter.com/CarellCasey/status/1617262157502062592

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 23 Jan 2023 10:14 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)Community Expert (377 reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 9:14 PM Visits: 3.1K
Great list of Irish musicians, Carrell, your knowledge is impressive. Fab picture with Gary from Snow Patrol also! Thanks for sharing with us.

Cathaoir