Itinerary for May trip

Itinerary for May trip

Author
Posted Mon 6 Feb 2023 6:23 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (249 reputation)I'm into this (249 reputation)I'm into this (249 reputation)I'm into this (249 reputation)I'm into this (249 reputation)I'm into this (249 reputation)I'm into this (249 reputation)I'm into this (249 reputation)I'm into this (249 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 2 Jun 2024 11:48 AM Visits: 4.5K
I have 13 full days in May and I have planned a route and the amount of days spent at each location. Does it seem to those who know as a good route/time spent or is there some recommendations that may be better suited and efficient? My problem is, I'm overwhelmed with all there is to see and do and need to realize I will have to return multiple times in order to do this, but really am trying to maximize my 13 days and at the same time not rushing through. Also, thinking of using NewWay car rental for our rental car. Is there anyone who has used them and if so, your experience with them. Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions. Itinerary below:
Killkenny - 1 day
Cobh - 1 day
Killarney - 2 days
Dingle - 2 days
Galway - 3 days
Donegal - 1 day
Diublin - 3 days

Tony

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 7 Feb 2023 10:55 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Fri 12 Jul 2024 10:38 AM Visits: 13.4K
Hi Tony,

Thanks for joining us here with a look at your planned itinerary for 13 days with us! 💚

May is a lovely time to visit with our longer days kicking in it will be light well into the evening so maximizing the time you can sightsee.

All of the locations you mentioned to stay are great bases to see what's in the area, we would suggest traveling to the next base at the end of the day so as to make full use of the morning at your new destination. We have an accommodation page that you may find helpful. Just scroll down to the where do you want to stay section and use the filters to refine your search. I have pre-selected Kilkenny to get you started just add a type and change the location as suits.

As you travel through Ireland's Ancient East and also the Wild Atlantic Way, you will see plenty of places to stop to explore and even take a photo or two. 📷 You may be able to see Killarney and Dingle from the same base and add the day to time spent up in County Donegal which is well worth seeing in full. Three days in the Galway area is easily filled, with so many things to see and do, with a trip out to the Aran Islands a favorite of many a visitor.

Regarding car rental, we have no experience with NewWay as a provider, maybe some of our other members are able to comment here. As always check out a few companies for their terms and conditions, sometimes airlines have rental partners that offer great deals too.

So hopefully, this has helped ease your mind on your itinerary and not added to the confusion! 😉

Will this be your first time with us? 

Martin