How to get from Dublin to Ballycastle

How to get from Dublin to Ballycastle

Author
Posted Sat 18 Feb 2023 2:36 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 19 Feb 2023 11:41 AM Visits: 4
I’m not sure which train and bus to take from Dublin to Ballycastle, Marine Corner.  The Rome2rio.com site suggests a train from Dublin to Portadown then a bus to Ballycastle but the train stops four times on the way.  I thought we could do a direct train to Belfast then take the bus to Ballycastle but I can only find a mid afternoon bus to Ballycastle from Belfast.  We need to complete this journey on Saturday, June 4th.  Which option is best?  Or is there yet another option?  

Thank you.

Anne
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 19 Feb 2023 10:16 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hello Anne,

Pretty Ballycastle is a great destination on our northern coastline! I hope I can help you with planning your way from Dublin to Ballycastle. 

On our website you can find an article about travelling with public transport around the Emerald Isle - including links to the comprehensive National Journey Planner as well as Bus Éireann, Irish Rail and Translink NI Railways. These are all quite handy for planning your journey as well as checking live arrival and departure times.

More specific about your planned route: there is a 10.00am train from Dublin Connolly to Belfast Lanyon Place and from there a connecting train to Coleraine. From here there are several buses to Ballycastle. The journey takes a little over five hours. It is of course also possible to take a bus to Belfast and onwards - this also depends a little on your preferred mode of travel.

I hope this is helpful and that you can look forward to an enjoyable journey to Ballycastle!

Kind regards,

Vera
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 19 Feb 2023 11:43 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 19 Feb 2023 11:41 AM Visits: 4
Many, many thanks, Vera.  This is extremely helpful and very much appreciated!

Anne