Theatre, football, live music - what's on June 28-July 5, 2023

Theatre, football, live music - what's on June 28-July 5, 2023

Author
J B
Posted Sun 19 Feb 2023 10:05 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 19 Feb 2023 10:05 AM Visits: 161
I last visited Ireland in the 20th Century. Now I'm returning with my best travel mate cousin. Ireland is our oyster for the week, and we're looking for live performance pearls, locals, theatres, live matches, activities we can attend in person to round out our travels which will also include hiking and historical sites.
Background: our family home was the weekly cèilidh gathering spot, adults sitting in circle playing, chatting, laughing, and playing again. I fell asleep on the floor at their feet to the tune of their conversation and laughter as well as music.
So....
Does anyone know what's on during our visit? Can you suggest your favorite theatres? Where's the corner local cèilidh?
Give us a locale that hasn't been updated for the tourists, and we're in! We're not looking for glitzy or glossy.
Thanks!

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 19 Feb 2023 12:10 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)Community Expert (196 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 11
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 3 hours ago Visits: 3K
Hi JB,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you tell us which part of Ireland you will be visiting so we can help out?

Generally speaking, however, I firstly would recommend checking out our 'Whats On' page which is loaded with upcoming events which also include sports and theatre, you can adjust the filters to the dates you are here. Other points of inspiration might include our 'Outdoor Activities' and Walking pages which also include some hiking. Furthermore, I would recommend browsing our 'Trip Ideas' section which is jam-packed with unique ways to explore Ireland.

I hope this helps. Once you let us know which parts you are staying in, I can personalize this and tailor it more specifically for you. 

Many thanks,
Cathaoir