Travelling with an autism assistance dog

Travelling with an autism assistance dog

Author
Posted Thu 16 Mar 2023 6:22 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 16 Mar 2023 6:22 PM Visits: 130
Hello all, I´m planning to travel to Ireland with my family this summer, before I would like to be sure how is the law about autism assistance dogs there. Does someone know where can I find any information? Thanks
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 18 Mar 2023 12:23 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Thu 18 Apr 2024 11:44 AM Visits: 621
Hello Noelia!

Thank you for contacting us.
We are delighted that you are coming to Ireland this summer! 😄

For all the details and the rules to be respected at the moment, we advise you to consult the official page of the Irish Government and that of Citizen Information.

Airlines operating within the EU are obliged to allow passengers to bring their recognized assistance dogs into the cabin of the plane. All dogs traveling in a cabin of an aircraft must be fully compliant with the rules for entering Ireland.
If you are traveling from a non-EU country, you must provide advance notice of your intention to bring your service dog into Ireland, at least 24 hours before your departure time.

Also, on these pages there is everything you need to know about microchipping, vaccination, EU pet passport or EU health certificate, blood test, tapeworm treatment, advance notice and the compliance check.

You can find more useful tips and links on our page dedicated to what it takes to travel with a pet to Ireland. 🐶

Furthermore, it is certainly useful for you to know that - according to the NSAI standard IS340, section 4, sub section F1 - assistance dogs have full access to public places including shops, restaurants, public transport etc.

We hope you find these pages and information useful!

If you have any other doubts, do not hesitate to write to us.

See you soon and have a great day! ☘️