Do you required departure stamp to enter Northern Ireland?

Do you required departure stamp to enter Northern Ireland?

Author
Posted Tue 21 Mar 2023 5:23 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 21 Mar 2023 9:19 PM Visits: 10
Hi, 
My background is that I am a dual citizenship between Thailand and Northern Ireland. I haven't travel back to Northern Ireland since I was a child (more that 15 years gap). Now that I have complete my university study, I am planning to relocate back to Northern Ireland (Newry). I acquired my new Irish passport through Embassy of Ireland in Thailand 2 years ago, and the question is

Since I got my new passport outside the country, I don't have the departure stamp. Will there be any problem or any required process if I traveling back to Northern Ireland?

Many thanks,

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 21 Mar 2023 1:30 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 30 Apr 2024 8:57 AM Visits: 3K
Hi Akkara, 

Thanks for reaching out. It is great to hear you will be returning after 15 years to Newry.

I would recommend reaching out to your local Irish Embassy/Consulate prior to visiting the Republic of Ireland, and your local British Embassy/High Commission or Consular Office, should you wish to fly directly to Northern Ireland. They will be more versed in providing you with a definitive answer on the departure stamp. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be glad to help where I can. 

Cathaoir