Van Rental

Van Rental

Author
Posted Thu 23 Mar 2023 2:48 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 23 Mar 2023 2:49 AM Visits: 5
My family is currently planning our holiday iuto Ireland for July ‘23. We have made this trip many times before but this year I cannot seem to find a large passenger van to rent for the two weeks we are there. I’m looking to rent a van that can hold at least six adults and suitcases for each. I have looked at both Dublin and Shannon airports but the only options I can find are unbelievably expensive ($6000-7000) for the two weeks. Does anyone know where I can rent a reliable van for a reasonable price? Thanks in advance!!

Patrick O’Malley
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 23 Mar 2023 1:54 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Sat 27 Apr 2024 11:05 AM Visits: 623
Hello Patrick,

Thanks for contacting us.
We are happy to hear that you and your family will be coming to Ireland again! 😊

We're sorry to hear you haven't found a cheaper option yet.
Despite this, we can assure you that there are much cheaper options around Dublin Airport as well.

For example, Budget Car Rental at Dublin Airport has options for 7-seater cars or vans that can cost a third of the prices you mentioned for two weeks in July (but some options are even cheaper). The cars they have available are a Dacia Jogger or similar (7 seats), Opel Combo Life (7 seats) or similar and so on.

Not far from the airport you may find other car hire companies even cheaper and we advise you to book now if you can, to ensure you get a good deal! 🚐
Also take a look at our page dedicated to everything you need to know about renting a car in Ireland.

We hope this information helps.

Which itinerary were you thinking of doing this time?

Have a great day. ☘️