Watsons of Cavan Co.

Watsons of Cavan Co.

Author
Posted Sat 1 Apr 2023 7:39 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)Gaining Respect (177 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 1 Apr 2023 7:52 PM Visits: 6
I have information of my 4th GGF Major Watson being born in Cavan Co. in 1746 and immigrating to the colonies at about age ten with his father John? No information on his mother.
Looking for Major's (his first name) birth records and any other records pertaining to the family.
Also, where the Watsons of Cavan Co. originally Galloglass from Scotland? Is there crest for the Watsons?
Thank you and have a Great Day!
Joel
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 2 Apr 2023 7:13 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:22 PM Visits: 658
Hi Joel,

It's good to hear that you are researching your Irish roots.

Before 1864, records were kept in the form of church and parish records; while some of these have regrettably been lost over the years, all the surviving records have been sorted into county-based genealogical centres.

Roots Ireland is a very good resource for people searching for their Irish roots. You can learn more about Cavan Genealogy, the dedicated Irish Family History Foundation member centre for County Cavan, by clicking here.

You can view the Watson family crest here.

I hope this information will help you in your research.

Regards,
Eoin