More days hike in Ireland alone

More days hike in Ireland alone

Author
Posted Sun 2 Apr 2023 6:37 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 10
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 3 Apr 2023 6:52 AM Visits: 225
Hey everyone!
I'm thinking about going for a more days hike in Ireland and can't decide which trail suits the best.
The thing is, I just want to hike something I feel comfortable with because I want to hike alone. It will be my first trail alone so I thought about maybe 2-4 days of hiking and I want to finish the day in a proper house so hostel, hotel, B&B or something like that. Besides to this I would be happy to meet other people on the track. Just for the case something happens.

What are your suggestions?

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 4 Apr 2023 9:13 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:23 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for joining us here regarding your plans for a hiking tour!

Firstly, can we just ask if you are looking for a 2-4 day long hike that has accommodation along the way or individual day hikes from a single spot?

There are several walking ways and greenways that you could try for individual walks to get an idea of what is available depending on your level of ability and requirements.

We would also suggest taking a look at some of the tour operators who offer self-guided walks. Hillwalk Tours in Galway has a great website for looking for itinerary ideas as well as organized self-guided tours. A couple more would be Footfalls Walking Holidays, County Wicklow, and Wonderful Ireland Walking Tours, Dublin.

We have an accommodation page to help with places to stay. Just scroll down to the where do you want to stay section and use the filters to refine your search.

B&B Ireland also has a special category called Walkers B&B where they have information on B&B accommodation, especially for walkers in mind.

The Pathway Porter is a handy company that transports luggage around for walkers and cyclists so you dont have to carry your luggage as you walk.

Hopefully, this will help with your plans.

Also, when are you thinking of coming over to see us?