Travelling with a dog

Travelling with a dog

Author
Posted Sun 2 Apr 2023 6:41 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 2 Apr 2023 6:36 PM Visits: 2
Hiya. We're hoping make our first trip to Ireland with our camper van this summer, and want to bring our dog with us. I want to get it right. I think, as well as his usual boosters, we need to get him rabies vaccinated? An Animal Health Certificate 10 days before we travel. Is this correct?
Thanks,
Helen
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 3 Apr 2023 9:39 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)Community Expert (193 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 10
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 15 Apr 2024 4:38 PM Visits: 3K
Hi Helen,

If you are traveling from the UK, you need an Animal Health Certificate (AHC). Allow plenty of time to arrange the relevant vaccinations and requirements with your vet before you travel – and don’t forget your pet will need a new AHC for each trip. You can find out all the information you need on our page on 'Bringing your pet to Ireland'. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be glad to help out! 

Cathaoir