Kilmainham Goal Mueseum

Kilmainham Goal Mueseum

Author
Posted Tue 11 Apr 2023 6:38 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 14 May 2023 12:11 PM Visits: 3
Hi can anyone help????
I wish to bring to your attention a situation that exists in regard to getting tickets to visit Kilmainham Goal Museum, which smacks of being a scam or maybe even worse. We are traveling to Dublin from Australia and as I am of Irish Heritage, my Grandfather was a Micheal O’Rourke, we wish to see all the different facets of Irish Life in the days gone by.
The website for Kilmainham requires you to book 28 days in advance, which is fine, the system is designed to roll over each night at midnight for the next available date.
After factoring in the time difference I have been able to try and book at midnight plus 30 seconds Dublin Time, however on almost all occasions all available tickets are immediately gone. This is implausible, the only way this can be happening is that the tickets are in fact already sold and the system just updates at midnight. I think that maybe the tickets are being pre sold to Tour Companies and it raises the question if that is the case is someone at Kilmainham Goal getting paid by the tour companies to load these tickets early, therefore leaving nothing available for genuine tourists to purchase?
I have emailed directly to the Goal, outlining my concerns, but get only a proforma reply, which tell me nothing. Any Ideas????
Best Regards Micheal
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 22 Apr 2023 5:47 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 2
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 23 Apr 2023 4:10 PM Visits: 4
I thought the same thing trying to book tickets to Kilmainham Goal for a visit in early June. It would appear that tour groups might email them and then book all the slots for a certain date. Then when they are completely full, the Kilmainham Goal Website notes that all slot times are full when it comes to day 28. It would seem that there would be others who are experiencing the same thing you and I are seeing, but I can’t find any items that discuss this issue.