Looking for grandmother's Birth Certificate - surname Paisley

Looking for grandmother's Birth Certificate - surname Paisley

Author
Posted Wed 19 Apr 2023 6:55 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 21 Apr 2023 3:06 PM Visits: 9
Hello

I have contacted the register for a copy of my grandmothers birth certificate. They are not able to locate any information on her. Is there anyone who might have any suggestions on where else to look?  Her last name is Paisley and she was born in 1895.  Thank you!

Sheri 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 19 Apr 2023 10:09 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Derry~Londonderry
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 Apr 2024 4:36 PM Visits: 1.8K
Hi Sheri

The all-Ireland database of Rootsireland, http://www.rootsireland.ie records one female Paisley birth in 1895, namely Agnes Elizabeth Paisley in County Antrim. You can explore this County Antrim database at http://www.antrim.rootsireland.ie

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 19 Apr 2023 10:27 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)
Thank you, Brian. Agnes Elizabeth is not my grandmother. Isabel Rose Paisley is my grandmother.  

I tried the link you gave me, paid to search and found nothing. It’s like she doesn’t exist. Even more strange is my grandfather doesn’t show up, either. His last name was Vantreen. I’m at a loss. 

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 20 Apr 2023 3:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
Thank you so much for jumping in, Brian! 

Not all hope is lost, Sheri! I looked on collaborative ancestry websites and it appears that your grandmother was born in County Dublin.
I'd suggest you get in touch with the corresponding genealogy center or look at other websites to see if they have any records or a trace of her birth certificate. These genealogy resources might help to keep looking.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes :) 

Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 20 Apr 2023 3:18 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Thank you, Antoine.

Yes, I was aware of her birth being in County Dublin. But the reply I received after applying for my grandmother’s birth certificate is as follows:

“Thank you for your application of a order of a Birth certificate. Unfortunately there are no results on our system matching the details given. Can you please confirm for me all the following details are correct ? Thank you”. 

The details were listed after this comment and they were all correct. No record of birth could be found. 

I will check the genealogy sites again. So far, no luck. Thanks. 😃

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 20 Apr 2023 5:54 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Derry~Londonderry
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 Apr 2024 4:36 PM Visits: 1.8K
Hi Sheri and Antoine

That's good to know that Isabel's parents are potentially
Robert Paisley and Sarah Johnson and that she had a brother George born 1897 as irishgenealogy.ie website records the following  birth:

George Paisley born 15 October 1897 at Longford lane, Dublin South to parents Robert Paisley, waiter and Sarah Johnston

In theory, in Ireland, all births were subject to civil registration from 1 January 1864 and all these births for all Ireland from 1864 through to 1921 can be searched at irishgenealogy.ie.

However, a failure to find a birth certificate could mean that the birth wasn't registered in the first place ( many births that we identified in church baptismal registers in database of Derry Genealogy were not recorded in civil birth registers although legally they should have been) or the entry you seek is 'disguised' in some way. For example, many civil birth registers didn't record the first name of the child but simply recorded they were male or female. This is particularly the case of births that occurred in the Rotunda Hospital, Dublin.

In any case, once you have exhausted an examination of civil birth registers your next step, in theory, would be to look for a church baptismal record for Isabel.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 20 Apr 2023 6:39 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Thank you, Brian.

My father has a paper copy of Isabel’s birth certificate. But as you can imagine, it’s in tiny pieces and almost 130 years old. Dad passed in 2018 and I have the certificate here in my house in a storage bin in the farthest corner of our basement. 🫣😬 I will see if my husband has the energy to help me haul it out. Perhaps I will find a registration number.

I did find my grandfathers birth certificate online so that will suffice for the reason for my search. I need a copy of a birth certificate for one of my grandparents so I can apply for Irish citizenship. I am second generation Canadian.

I hope to get to your beautiful country one day. I have dreams of living there on the countryside. 

I truly appreciate everyone’s help and kindness. 

Have a beautiful day! ☘️ 

Sheri

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 21 Apr 2023 3:05 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 11:44 AM Visits: 621
Hi Sheri,

It's very nice to hear that you wish you could come to Ireland one day.
We can't wait for you to visit as much as possible and who knows, maybe even move here for real. 😄

Glad someone was able to help you!

See you soon and have a great day. ☘️