Early morning arrival in Ireland

Early morning arrival in Ireland

Author
Posted Thu 20 Apr 2023 4:54 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 30 Apr 2023 5:51 PM Visits: 131
I will be arriving at at Dublin airport at approximately 5:30 a.m. Dublin time. That will be the middle of the night for me who is on Eastern Standard time.  Are there any inexpensive places to go to for a few hours sleep before continuing on with my journey?
Any ideas other than booking into a hotel for the night before but not checking in until the next morning.  I would also require a late check out.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 23 Apr 2023 1:31 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 9 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Hi Brenda,

How exciting that you are coming over to see us soon! I totally understand that you might be tired upon arrival in Dublin.

If you just want to sleep for a few hours and freshen up, I have seen airport hotels offering daytime discounted rates.
Another solution would be to find accommodation with an early check-in option wherever you are going next. Our accommodation search page might help you here.

Will you be traveling by train/bus on the day you land? 

Cheers,
Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 24 Apr 2023 9:27 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Thanks Antoine for your response.  I'll try contacting some of the airport hotels to see is they have any day rates.

We are going to be travelling primarily by train though the odd bus might be involved.

Thanks again.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 25 Apr 2023 8:03 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 9 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
No problem, Brenda! I hope you'll find a day let room or that you'll have the possibility to check in early. Maybe you'll even get to sleep a bit on your red-eye flight. 🤞

These tips on train travel might also come in handy! Have you planned the entire itinerary yet or do you leave room for improvisation?

Cheers,
Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 30 Apr 2023 5:54 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Antoine.  Thanks for the link to Irish Trail Travel tips.  Our nights in various locations have been set but what we are doing in each spot still is to be somewhat determined.  Im very much looking forward to seeing your lovely country again and to introducing my husband to it.

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 30 Apr 2023 7:12 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 8:21 PM Visits: 4.8K
Great to hear that you are returning to Ireland and introducing your husband to its beauty, Brenda!

What are some of the places you have in mind for your upcoming trip? Since you mentioned that your nights in various locations have been set, it would be great to hear more about your itinerary and perhaps we can offer some more recommendations or ideas!

We hope you have a wonderful trip filled with great memories and experiences. Don't forget to indulge in some delicious Irish cuisine too!

Safe travels,

Alex