Private tour guide to drive wheelchair van

Private tour guide to drive wheelchair van

Author
Posted Thu 27 Apr 2023 4:15 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 27 Apr 2023 4:15 PM Visits: 7
My mom is not ok with driving on the left, and I am in a wheelchair and need an accessible van. We want too go all over Ireland, can we hire a private guide to drive us around? Or do you know of wheelchair tours? We are going in September.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 27 Apr 2023 7:16 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)Community Expert (272 reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 14 hours ago Visits: 4.8K
Hi Tiffany,

It's great to see you're planning a trip to the island this September !

We understand your concerns regarding driving on the left and the need for an accessible van, and we want to assure you that there are options available that will allow you to fully experience everything the island has to offer.

One option, as you mentioned, is to hire a private guide who can drive you around. You can reach out to Personal Tours Ireland which is a company that offers private tours that can be tailored to your specific interests and needs. Companies like Accessible and Sage Traveling specialize in accessible travel and also offer customized tours in Ireland.

You'll also find an overview of attractions and sights that are accessible-friendly on this Community post and more general information about accessibility in Ireland on our website.

I hope this helps, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions!

Alex