Halloween 2023

Halloween 2023

Author
Posted Mon 15 May 2023 4:51 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 16 May 2023 1:47 PM Visits: 168
We will be in Ireland from 10/27 till 11/5. We will be spending the weekend of the 10/27 in Dublin. We plan on attending the Dram Stoker festival. Is there anything else that we should look into that weekend in Dublin? Lastly we are looking for someplace unique to spend Halloween. I see that Derry has a huge spectacle, however are there any smaller villages that go all out that would make for a more unique and intimate experience?
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 16 May 2023 9:47 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Gavin,

Halloween time is a lovely time to visit, it's great to see that you are over for the Bramstoker Festival and all that is going on in Dublin!

As always, the city has plenty to see and do, maybe a visit to Kilmainham Gaol would fit in with the theme of olde Dublin or the DoDublin Ghostbus tour! 🎃👻

The Púca Festival is another great event just out of the city in County Meath with more spooky goings on. 💀

While Derry~Londonderry has the most spectacular week of events ending in the parade and fireworks, many smaller towns will have local events, a bit early for us to have details so check back with us or indeed the local pages for Cork, Galway, and Belfast for more information.

Is this the first time over with us?
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 16 May 2023 12:37 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 hours ago Visits: 76K
It’s great that you are coming over to see us during Halloween, Gavin! 

As Martin mentioned it, the Puca festival isn’t that far from Dublin if you are looking for something that celebrates the origins of Halloween (or Samhain, which is the name of the ancient celtic new year)

Here’s also a previous thread with a bunch of suggestions for Halloween. Hopefully our other members with have more suggestions! 

Cheers,
Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 16 May 2023 1:34 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 16 May 2023 1:47 PM Visits: 168
Thank you Martin and Antoine. I will keep an eye out for the local papers. I had noticed it was a little early for the events since no one had posted an itinerary yet. Yes, Martin, my first time visiting. My family is from Ireland originally and because of that I am writing a novel and it is steeped in Irish mythology. So excited to visit and see the things I am writing about.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 17 May 2023 10:00 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Gavin,

Thanks for getting back to us and how cool to hear that you are writing a novel! 🕮

It's wonderful that you have family from here, it will be nice to walk on the ground your ancestors once trod.

As a first-time visitor, we hope you manage to visit the location they were from as well as some of the Halloween activities as further inspiration in your book.

Please feel free to let us know when you are here and what you manage to see and also a link to your book when it's finished! ☘️
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 19 May 2023 11:32 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 5
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 19 May 2023 11:32 AM Visits: 604
Hi Gavin

I appreciate that you want to get away from the big Halloween festivals in many of Ireland`s cities and towns. To see/understand where Halloween came from, its origins.    Google my Halloween Origins Tour to learn what I do as a day trip out from the show biz Halloween that has now become common. I provide my Halloween Origins Tour as a break away day from the family based Raz a Ma Taz ( if this is how it is spelt?) in Derry.
 Don`t get me wrong, it is a wonderful and colourful 2 or 3 days that Derry put`s on. 
 My rational is just to raise the level of the story a little.
I hope to hear from you.

Martin