Looking for best way to get from Ballydehob to Parnel Square in Dublin

Looking for best way to get from Ballydehob to Parnel Square in Dublin...

Author
Posted Mon 22 May 2023 10:33 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 24 May 2023 10:04 PM Visits: 125
Hello all,
I am researching transport from Ballydehob West Cork to The St George Hotel, 7 Parnell Square East Dublin.  I appreciate any information that you may have.  I will travel this route on 7 June 2023.  Many thanks, Patti St George

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 23 May 2023 9:18 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Patti,

Thanks for taking the time to ask your question about getting from West Cork to Dublin!

Bus Éireann has a service 237 that will take you from Ballydehob to Cork bus station for the first leg of your journey as there is no direct route. 🚌 From Cork, you can take one of several services by Aircoach, Dublin Coach, Bus Éireann 245X, or even the train by Irish Rail.

Once in Dublin, it would be a short walk from the bus stops to Parnell Square or a taxi ride if you have some luggage with you. It would be a 10-15 minute walk from the bus stops at Batchelor's Walk or Busaras but definitely a taxi from Hueston Station as this would be a 35-minute walk. 🚶‍♀️

There are plenty of public transport options to get about while in the city, have you already plans on what to see and do?

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 24 May 2023 3:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 24 May 2023 10:04 PM Visits: 125
Hello Martin,
Many thanks for your reply.  I may be able to get a ride to the train station.  Do you think that it makes more sense to go to Cork for the train, rather than Killarney?  I am just spending one night in Dublin, have to fly out on June 8, sadly.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 24 May 2023 7:19 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:21 PM Visits: 76.1K
Hi Patti,

If you can get a ride to the train station, it makes more sense to go to Killarney. if you have to take the bus, the only way is to go to Cork and then continue to Dublin. I usually use the Rome2Rio website to calculate public transport itineraries, it might come in handy for you.

I hope you'll make the most of your day and evening in Dublin. If you arrive by mid-afternoon in the city, you might be able to check out attractions (Trinity College, St Stephen's Greens) or simply walk along the Liffey and soak in the atmosphere. You could also catch a traditional music session at night at one of these pubs.

Talk soon,
Antoine