4 Day Itinerary?

4 Day Itinerary?

Author
Posted Thu 1 Jun 2023 4:59 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 1 Jun 2023 5:45 PM Visits: 5
Hi - planning a trip to Ireland in September.  I was born in Dublin, moved to the States as a kid, so I've been to Dublin and surrounding areas lots of times on family visits and have been to Galway and the Cliffs of Moher.    We'd be flying into Dublin, spending sometime in Dublin area and then renting a car.  Ideally I'd like to see the Ring of Kerry and or the Dingle Peninsula - any advice on an itinerary for 4 nights/5 days for road trip?   Does Waterford, Cork, Ring of Kerry, Dingle and either back to Dublin or fly out of Shannon sound like a good trek?  Any suggestions of what to see, where to stop and or stay along the way?
Thanks!
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Jun 2023 9:29 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 8 hours ago Visits: 76K
Hi Sarah,

It's great to hear that you will be back with us again and taking in a bit of the southern counties!

Waterford and Cork would be great places to visit with plenty to see and do during the day and night. I would say that a little time in Cobh and/or Kinsale is worth it too. The Ring of Kerry, Beara Peninsula, and Dingle Peninsula are fine places to see and probably a base around Killarney for a couple of days would be best, most start the Ring of Kerry drive in Killarney. Our accommodation search page will be handy for finding places to stay.

Just scroll down to the where do you want to stay section and use the filters to refine your search. Please select the destination and add a type to refine the search as you travel. I may be as handy to return from Shannon if this is an option for you, depending on the times of flights you may be able to fit in a visit to Adare or Bunratty Castle and Folk Park!

Hopefully, this will give you some ideas for your itinerary and our members may add some things as well.