Tierney/Spain married in Nenagh, Tipperary

Tierney/Spain married in Nenagh, Tipperary

Author
Posted Mon 5 Jun 2023 3:46 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 5 Jun 2023 3:47 PM Visits: 4
Hi there.  I am looking for information on my 3rd GG Patrick Tierney who married Margaret Spain in Nenagh, Tipperary in 1831.  He then immigrated to PEI in 1832 according to his grave.  It was before the birth of his son Francis who was born in PEI in 1833.  I have searched but it looks like the records for his year of birth are missing (his grave says he died at 70 in 1883 making it 1813) I have attached what I have for Margaret Spain and Patrick Tierney.
Thank you

Attachments
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 6 Jun 2023 9:09 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 7:46 PM Visits: 3K
Hi Wendy,

Prior to 1864 records were kept in the form of church and parish records, while some of these have been regrettably lost, all the surviving records have been sorted into county-based genealogical centers. This link also includes property and landed estates, so this could help with your research on Margaret. You can also search the church records here

Have you tried looking into the ship or migration records? There are some for Canada

Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be glad to help. 

Cathaoir