Where to stay in Ireland

Where to stay in Ireland

Author
Posted Mon 12 Jun 2023 10:30 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (244 reputation)I'm into this (244 reputation)I'm into this (244 reputation)I'm into this (244 reputation)I'm into this (244 reputation)I'm into this (244 reputation)I'm into this (244 reputation)I'm into this (244 reputation)I'm into this (244 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 13
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 16 Apr 2024 8:02 PM Visits: 2.7K
We just finished a glorious 2 week self driving trip in Ireland and it exceeded even my highest expectations! We loved it so much we immediately started talking about our return trip. The people were soooo friendly and obviously the beautiful landscapes were breath-taking. This next time tho we want to find a town to stay a full month! We really love the small village/town feel around nature vs. the bigger cities. Even tho it was our first time we really are partial to the southern and western portions. We are looking at doing the month of May again and we'd love to be able to make day trips from said location. I would appreciate any recommendations on where we should stay for the month. Thanks in advance 
Tony

Thank you for your response Rebecca. We love the outdoors, so hiking is always a joy. We also love the history of Ireland. Basically, we enjoy exploring and learning about the places we visit. Our trip consisted of stays in Killkenny, Cobh, Beaufort (beautiful stay by gap of dunloe), Salthill, Galway and Killybegs, another beautiful stay. Highlights were (this is tough) were horse drawn carriage ride through the gap of dunloe, Connors Pass, Cliffs of Moher, Slieve League, Inishmore (beautiful), rock of Cashel, hore abbey, Glendalough falls and so much more I'd need 10 more pages, at least!:) We did Air bnb for all of our stays and they were all first class and the people were great. As I said, we can't wait to get back and explore even more. Would love to get up to Giants Causeway and that area next time. Thanks again 
Tony
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 13 Jun 2023 5:28 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 30 Apr 2024 11:53 PM Visits: 26.2K
Hi Tony,

It's truly wonderful to see how much you enjoyed your time in Ireland! 💚 It's absolutely fantastic you received such a warm welcome and met lovely people - what a difference this can make. 😊

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the landscapes and nature so much that you'd love to visit again and stay even longer! I think it's a great idea to stay in one cosy place and explore the area thoroughly from there. These lovely villages and towns along the Wild Atlantic Way would all make fantastic hubs to enjoy and venture points for exploratory trips. Sligo town and Mullaghmore are such gems that offer many great experiences near and farther. Cobh would be a great spot to explore the southern part of our island, and of course Dingle to fully enjoy County Kerry and the peninsulas around this part of Ireland.

If you check out this section here in our forum, you'll be able to read plenty of lovely experiences of other Ireland friends, which can hopefully give you more inspiration. I'd especially like to point out the following posts:

I want to visit some rural towns and villages around Ireland, which ones would you recommend?
Three nights each in the north, south, east and west Ireland
Looking for a town to base ourselves in
Choosing bases for a two-week tour of Ireland

Do you have some ideas of how you'd like to spend your time, for example what activities you'd be interested in? 🚲🥾🌊
We'd also really love to hear more about your wonderful trip! Where did you end up staying and visiting, and what were some of your favourite adventures?

Best wishes,
Rebecca ☘️