Paddling in Ireland

Paddling in Ireland

Author
Posted Mon 19 Jun 2023 8:43 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 17 Jul 2023 12:34 PM Visits: 366
Hi Guys
I would like to come to Ireland in August to go paddling there with my family (my wife, young son and me).
We prefer lakes with wild shelters and a campsite every few days.
The duration for the tour should be around 7 days hence we need a Canadian, not an canoe.
Does anyone have ideas about how, where and what?
I wrote to several places but got no answer so far.
You could help us a lot with the planning.
Best regards
Falk

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 20 Jun 2023 7:54 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 10:59 AM Visits: 76.1K
Hi Falk,

How nice that you are planning a paddling trip on the island! 

From my knowledge, there are a few activities tour operators who could plan this for you, such as Go With The Flow in Co. Kilkenny or Wild N Happy in Killarney. Please note that most tour companies seem to offer day tours but feel free to contact them to see if they can plan a 7 day trip with accommodation for you

If you are fine planning the trip on your own, we also got tips and resources for water activities, and camping. I'd personally recommend Co. Fermanagh and the Lough Erne as great places to paddle. You'll find a few more locations and rental tips on this article.

Did you have specific locations in mind? Hopefully other forums members will have more suggestions.

Cheers,
Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 22 Jun 2023 6:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Hi Antoine

Thx a lot for your nice and quick reply.
I´ve already written to the recommended addresses.

Best regards

Falk

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 24 Jun 2023 8:49 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 10:59 AM Visits: 76.1K
No problem at all, Falk! I hope you find what you need to plan your paddling trip. 🚣‍♀️ 

Let us know how the planning goes and if you need anything else as your trip gets closer.

Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 7 Jul 2023 1:12 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Hi Antoine
So far, there is no progress.
I wrote to several addresses but got no reply... Well, one wrote back with the suggestion to make day trips.
We would so love to go on a week long trip with a canoe.
Anyways we keep searching for the right operator.
Best regards
Falk