1st time travel to Ireland

1st time travel to Ireland

Author
Posted Wed 21 Jun 2023 9:41 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 21 Jun 2023 10:28 PM Visits: 5
I am looking at potentially traveling to Ireland early fall (September). This would be my 1st trip. I would like to fly in to Shannon airport and do a self guided, drive vacation.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. A little info on weather would be nice too. My ancestors are from Ennistymon, so I would like to visit there to start.
I recently became an Irish citizen (along with my US citizenship) and was wondering if there is any advantage to obtaining an Irish passport before I travel.
Thanks again in advance.
Regards,
Mike Cascio
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 22 Jun 2023 10:37 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 10:23 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to join us here with your questions about your first-time visit!

Flying into Shannon is a great option to discover the Wild Atlantic Way. 🛬 We have some information on car rental and driving in Ireland that you may wish to have a look at as well as some lovely trip ideas to fill that itinerary. How many days will you be with us for?

With regards to our weather, we have another page all about our climate and what to expect. September is usually a great time to come weatherwise and also the schools are back so fewer people milling around giving you ample time to see everything you want to see.

Ennistymon, County Clare is a great place to visit. Close to all of the main attractions in the area of The Cliffs of Moher, Doolin, The Aran Islands, and Galway City. We have a handy accommodation page to find places to stay. Just scroll down to the where do you want to stay section and use the filters to refine your search. I have pre-selected County Clare to get you started just add a type to further refine the search.

Not sure if there is an advantage to this trip having an Irish passport, you may find going back through passport control and arriving in the USA easier on your US passport.

If it seems like a bit too much to organize, then there are some travel agents that offer self-drive options that you can book everything through them.

Hopefully, this will help with your plans, feel free to get back to us as you create your itinerary.

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 5 Jul 2023 9:24 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 5 Jul 2023 9:35 AM Visits: 5
Ich war im Juni 2022 für 10 Tage - mit einem Motorroller -  in Irland und war sofort davon begeistert.
Auf meiner Website findest du einen umfangreichen Reisebericht dazu mit zahlreichen Fotos, Videos und GPX-Dateien für das Navi. VielSpass beim Lesen!

Irland - Keltenkreuze, Kleeblätter und schroffen Küsten
Der Westen von Irland zählt zu den spektakulärsten Landschaften Europas. Der Ring of Kerry, die Cliffs of Moher, Moor- und Heideflächen. Schmale Teerspuren winden sich entlang der Küste, klettern über kleine Pässe und tauchen hinab zu traumhaften Buchten >>>

Attachments
20220626_114249.jpg (152 views, 1.00 MB)
Tags