Help! Best way to plan with son & family

Help! Best way to plan with son & family

Author
Posted Thu 22 Jun 2023 6:20 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 24 Jun 2023 4:53 PM Visits: 8
My husband and I took a wonderful tour through C.I.E. tours about 10 years ago, and now our son and his wife want to go. They are inviting us, but we're in our 60's and like the tours. They're in their 30's and not so sure about tours, but willing to do a hybrid with us.
Not sure that's possible, but does anyone know the best way to plan this?  
We did 7-days from Dublin down to Cork/Connemara - to Galway and back to Dublin.  They see a tour of 3 days in Belfast, 3 days in Dublin, and 3 in (London?)  I enjoy the villages more so than big cities.  Any advice greatly appreciated!
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 24 Jun 2023 7:14 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)Community Expert (2.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 11:53 PM Visits: 26.2K
Hi Nanette,

How wonderful to see you're considering a return visit to the island of Ireland after all these years! I can imagine it will be so interesting to refresh your memory and see how some places have changed! 😍

It's lovely that you're now hoping to return with your family and I hope you can find an itinerary to suit everyone's interests, so that you can enjoy exploring the island together. 💚 How long are you hoping to stay? Perhaps you could all join a guided bus tour first and then pick a few places to explore in your own pace afterwards. For this second part of your holiday, you could for instance choose 2-3 villages to stay for a couple of nights, from which you venture out on day trips using a rental car or public transport.

An interesting alternative might be a private customised or personalised tour, where you build your itinerary with the travel operator or chauffeur according to your preferences. This way, you could see the places you are all interested in and get interesting information and fun facts along your trip, all without having to worry about finding your own way. Some travel operators also sell self drive tours, where you are provided with an itinerary suggestion including attractions and information, but you are free to follow this route and explore in your own pace with your group only.

I would recommend having a look at this list of travel operators and especially checking those in more detail that have personalised options.

We'll be curious to hear your thoughts about these ideas and would also be happy to help you with further tips and suggestions on things to see and do. 🧭

Wishing you a wonderful weekend! ☀️
Rebecca