Accommodation

Accommodation

Author
Posted Tue 27 Jun 2023 4:34 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 27 Jun 2023 9:01 PM Visits: 62
Hello,
I am a French Erasmus student and I will be joining the University of Limerick for the first semester of the 2023-2024 academic year.
Nevertheless, I am desperate, because I can't find any accommodation. I don't know if I'm talking to the right person, but maybe you would know of an accommodation, a homestay, a collocation (never mind) ... available.
Thank you for your help !!
Lisa
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 28 Jun 2023 9:18 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Bonjour Lisa,

It's so nice that you are coming over for a semester! I hope your experience in Limerick will be unforgettable. 😊  Don't lose hope, there are a few things I can think of to potentially find student accommodation.

Have you asked your host university if they have student housing for international/erasmus students?  You could also try rental platforms that have student accommodation and house shares available, like daft.ie or Myhome.ie

Student & international Facebook groups are also good places to look for a place to stay. It's common that students are looking for someone to take over their lease at the end of the school year.

Have you already looked into things to see and do in Limerick and its surroundings?

A bientôt,
Antoine