I’m going on a city break to Cork and bringing my dog. Are there any great places where I can take...

I’m going on a city break to Cork and bringing my dog. Are there any...

Author
Posted Thu 29 Jun 2023 9:34 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 9:31 AM Visits: 691
If you've already got your sights set on Cork city and its surroundings in the southwest of Ireland, this beautiful area has some fantastic dog walks that both you and your canine companion will enjoy. Here are some you could check out!

First up, we have the Fitzgerald's Park Loop, located right in the heart of Cork city. This urban oasis offers a scenic walk along the River Lee, with plenty of green space for your dog to stretch their legs, as well as places you can grab a coffee on the go. While your dog explores the park, you can take in the picturesque views or relax by the river.

About 40 mins outside the city is Marlogue Woods, a hidden gem in East Cork. This woodland area is south east of Great Island and bounds the Ballynacorra River and Cork harbour and is definitely dog friendly, if on the leash. Trails can get muddy and slippery in wetter weather, so take care. This can be a great day out, so perhaps take a detour before you arrive at Marlogue and head to Midleton’s Saturday Farmers’ Market to pick up a picnic and eat alfresco beneath the leafy canopy.

Last but not least, we have Curragh Woods, a dog-friendly haven near Fermoy. With its well-marked trails and towering trees, this woodland is perfect for a stroll with your four-legged friend. Head to Fermoy and enjoy a pleasant walk through the woods. Don't forget your camera! Capture the breathtaking scenery and preserve those precious memories forever.

These are just a few of the dog walks in and around Cork city. While you’re there, ask a local for suggestions, take a look at the All Trails map of dog friendly spots, or perhaps some of our community have other suggestions?