Moving to Ireland

Moving to Ireland

Author
Posted Thu 29 Jun 2023 7:36 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Jun 2023 7:43 PM Visits: 101
Hi,
Has anyone in the group bought a house in Ireland ?
My wife and I would like to emigrate to Ireland and would like to know what costs would be added if we buy a house of, for example, € 275,000.
We will not have a bank loan !
Also is there an annual property tax each year and is it according to the size of the house ?
We are both retired.

Thank you in advance
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 2 Jul 2023 9:41 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 27
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Today @ 4:35 AM Visits: 76.6K
Hi Dirk,

It's lovely that you are looking to purchase property here in Ireland!

First of all, I'd suggest you have a look on the Citizens Information website for more info on buying the fees that come with a home purchase as well as property taxes, as your situation may vary.

Did you fall in love with the Emerald Isle after spending a few trips here? I'd love to hear more about it! 

Hopefully some of our members will be able to jump in.

Cheers,
Antoine