Birth Certificate from Parish Records

Birth Certificate from Parish Records

Author
Posted Sat 1 Jul 2023 12:59 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 22 Jul 2023 9:08 PM Visits: 3
Hi,

I have found my relative in the Parish records, but not in the civil records. I need an authenticated copy of her birth certificate in order to progress my application for Irish Nationality. Please can someone tell me if this is possible.

I am really grateful for all advice!

Rachel
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 2 Jul 2023 3:09 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 4 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Hi Rachel,

It's amazing to hear that you managed to find distant relatives! Please note that before 1864, there were no civil records just yet and that church records were the norm back then.

That being said, I'd suggest you get in touch with the General Register Office in order to receive a certificate, as long as it can be found within their archives. You can request a certificate using their form on the above page.

Best of luck!
Antoine