Low Fare train tickets

Low Fare train tickets

Author
Posted Sat 29 Jul 2023 2:05 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 30 Jul 2023 12:05 PM Visits: 5
Hi there,

Any one here with any experience of having ever missed a Low Fare train connection due to a late arrival of Buseireann to the departure train station? Did the Iris Rails still allow you to travel with the same Low Fare train ticket or did you need to buy a new one (which would actually conform to Low Fare conditions)?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Libor

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 30 Jul 2023 8:02 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 5 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Hi Libor,

How nice that you are planning to explore Ireland by public transport

I had a look and saw that Irish Rail's website states that "tickets are time and date specific. Additional charges may apply when boarding another train on your journey on the same day, unless a flexible ticket is chosen"

That being said, I'd still suggest reaching out to Irish Rail or Buseireann for further clarification. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding their policies and whether you would need to purchase a new ticket.

What's the itinerary you have planned so far? 😊

Cheers,
Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 30 Jul 2023 12:04 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)Gaining Respect (183 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 30 Jul 2023 12:05 PM Visits: 5
Thanks Antoine, well, Dublin (and we of course hope to bump there incidentally in a pub into Cillian Murphy, perhaps because we've seen just yesterday the Ch. Nolan's Oppenheimer movie and also because he has been born exactly 11 years after me, on the same day... but this is obviously just wishful thinking...), Westport (including an e-bike so as to be able to explore the coast route from Achill back to Westport), Kinvara (Galway was already too expensive for us), Inishmore and back to Dublin, all accommodations via Airbnb, traveling mostly by public transport (except Kinvara where we hired a car).

Cheers,
Libor
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 31 Jul 2023 8:42 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 5 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Amazing, Libor! I can see that you planned most of the trip already.

It is indeed an excellent movie/performance by the one who also happens to be my favorite Irish actor! Cillian and his family live in the south of Dublin, so who knows? 😊 

I hope you'll have a wonderful time cycling the Great Western Greenway and Achill Island (make sure to stop at Keem Bay)

Cheers,
Antoine