Patrick Kelly, Fencible

Patrick Kelly, Fencible

Author
Posted Mon 31 Jul 2023 11:52 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 1 Aug 2023 12:38 AM Visits: 9
Hi, I'm researching Patrick Kelly who married Elizabeth Malone (where married no idea) Patrick was born about 1803 Limerick, Ireland. Elizabeth was born about 1808 (place unknown) . They had 3 children born (unknown) William, Joseph and Anne. 
Patrick joined the 40th regiment in 1824 . He served in NSW, East Indies, Kabul.  He was discharged in 1845 .
Patrick his wife and 3 children came to N.Z. on board the ship "Ramillies" to Auckland, New Zealand in 1847.  They had another child born 1849 in Onehunga, Auckland, N.Z. Patrick Thomas Kelly.
I'm not sure if Patrick travelled with his wife and children or he wasn't married at the time or wife and children stayed in Ireland or where ever.
Patrick started off his Army as a Private and was eventually a Sargeant in his Regiment. I only have his War Record which states most of this information.  
I am trying to find relatives in Ireland . Also if he had any brothers or sisters, his parents , actually anything at all which is concrete evidence its his connection.
Hope someone can help, Thanks
Zelda Kelly

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 1 Aug 2023 10:27 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)Community Expert (306 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 30 Apr 2024 8:57 AM Visits: 3K
Hi Zelda, 

Roots Ireland is a great resource which contains data from 34 county genealogy centres on the island of Ireland. The Co. Limerick genealogy center would be a great place to start and build upon some of the great research you have already conducted on Patrick and Elizabeth.  

Be sure to let us know if this is helpful. 

Cathaoir 
Tourism Ireland