Wild camping

Wild camping

Author
Posted Thu 10 Aug 2023 7:47 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 10 Aug 2023 7:48 PM Visits: 137
Hello!

I'm looking forward to cycle around Ireland for 3 weeks in October. And I was wondering what the policies about wild camping are? Knowing I will only stay overnight, will move first thing in the morning and am alone therefore not loud and overall very discreet.
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 12 Aug 2023 9:53 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)Community Expert (11 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Sat 20 Apr 2024 8:19 AM Visits: 77
Hi Johann,

What a lovely idea to cycle and camp in Ireland. ⛺

This is the perfect way to explore our countryside and to go back home with plenty of memories!

Wild camping is restricted on our island for safety and insurance reasons, however some National Parks can provide you a permit for wild camping. Have a look at the National Parks & Wildlife Service's page for more information.

To camp on private land, you will need the landowner's permission. Otherwise, there are plenty of campsites to choose from. Have a read on our website for tips on camping, some suggestions for wonderful locations and links to various campsites.

Lastly, this article might help you regarding your cycling trip.

Is this your first cycle/camping trip or have you done that before?

Kind wishes,
Mathilde