I want to have opinions from peoples who travelled in Ireland about public transports?

I want to have opinions from peoples who travelled in Ireland about...

Author
Posted Sat 12 Aug 2023 4:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)Gaining Respect (176 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 12 Aug 2023 4:55 PM Visits: 17
Hi y'all! Dia duit go léir :) 
Can you talk to me about your experiences with the public transports in Ireland?
Is it good? Convenient? Well Developed? Bad? Is there any apps or websites we can use for booking tickets or have some info?
Tell me everything you know about that.
Thanks in advance!
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 12 Aug 2023 5:50 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (69 reputation)Community Expert (69 reputation)Community Expert (69 reputation)Community Expert (69 reputation)Community Expert (69 reputation)Community Expert (69 reputation)Community Expert (69 reputation)Community Expert (69 reputation)Community Expert (69 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Sat 9 Mar 2024 4:14 PM Visits: 1.4K
Dia dhuit, Olivier! 😊

When it comes to public transport, Ireland shines in its connectivity, especially in bustling centers like Dublin. The comprehensive network of buses, the elegant swiftness of the Luas tram, and the punctuality of the trains will make your travels smooth and enjoyable. Buses and trains are also quite comfortable, giving travelers a chance to relax and enjoy the scenic beauty outside. While the frequency of services may vary in rural areas, the overall experience remains commendable.

For a seamless travel experience, the Transport for Ireland website and the TFI Live app are a traveler's best friends. You can book tickets online and they provide up-to-the-minute information, ensuring you make the most of your time here. If you're exploring further afield, the Irish Rail website, it's corresponding app and Bus Éireann platforms are your go-to for planning and ticketing. It’s so convenient to secure your seat in advance and just enjoy the journey!

Tip: If you're planning to travel extensively by public transport, consider investing in a Leap Card. It offers discounted fares and can be used across buses, trams, and trains, making it a convenient and cost-effective choice for navigating Ireland's transport network.

Also, while on your journey, share a smile or a 'hello' with fellow travelers and locals. The warmth of Irish conversations is as memorable as the destinations themselves. 🌞

Best regards,
Arvind

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 9 Sep 2023 2:01 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 2
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 9 Sep 2023 2:01 PM Visits: 2
Hi Arvind!
Sorry for the response time.
I got some problems with my account login with Facebook and I had to create a new one...
Thank you for the info. Can't wait to be in the Emerald Isle!
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 10 Sep 2023 7:17 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 10:59 AM Visits: 76.1K
Pas de problème, Olivier ! Nous sommes navrés pour ces soucis de connexion.

As Arvind mentioned, getting a Leap Card is the way to go to explore Ireland by public transport. Here's where to get one, in addition to the train stations vending machines. There's also a Leap Visitor Card for the Dublin area only, but I understood that you wanted to go further, especially to explore Ireland's viking heritage (Glendalough, Lough Tay and Waterford as you previously mentioned). A regular Leap Card might be better suited for you then.

A bientôt! 
Antoine

Tags