I want to rent a car in Ireland under 25, what should I know?

I want to rent a car in Ireland under 25, what should I know?

Author
Posted Wed 23 Aug 2023 7:41 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 8 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Renting a car in Ireland is a dream come true for many visitors. However, if you're under 25, the process might seem a bit more daunting due to potential age-related restrictions and additional costs. But fear not! With some planning you can enjoy the freedom of exploring the Emerald Isle with your own vehicle.

Start your research early and compare rental agencies
Planning ahead is crucial when you're under 25 and looking to rent a car in Ireland. Begin your research well in advance to find rental companies that offer favorable terms for young drivers as well as the best rates. Some companies might have lower minimum age requirements or better rates for drivers between 21 and 25. A few trustable car rental companies such as Sixt (from 21), Flizzr, or Avis (from 23) rent to young drivers. Furthermore, the Car Rental Council is a great place to look at car rental companies

Be prepared for additional costs
Renting a car as a driver under 25 will come with extra charges or a "young driver fee" as the rental agencies call it. It can sometimes significantly increase the overall cost of your rental. To reduce the bill, you can consider an economy car (which is cheaper to rent and also fuel efficient) or avail of the insurance that may be included with your credit card (which is the only card accepted in Ireland)

Renting a car in Ireland when you're under 25 might require some extra effort, but it's absolutely worth it. Remember to plan ahead, stay safe on the roads, and savor every moment of your adventure!

Has anyone in our Community rented a car on the Emerald Isle?

Tags