I’m visiting Dublin this September, and I’d love to know if there are any festivals I can check out...

I’m visiting Dublin this September, and I’d love to know if there are...

Author
Posted Wed 30 Aug 2023 1:25 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 9:31 AM Visits: 691
September is a really busy time for festivals in Dublin, and it’s a great time to visit the city whether you’re interested in offbeat theatre or classical music. Here are a few festivals that you won’t want to miss out on. 

The Dublin Fringe Festival (9 – 24 September) is progressive, playful, provocative and great fun altogether. Featuring multidisciplinary work from both artists from the island of Ireland and worldwide, the boundary-pushing lineup features everything from live art to club performances. Intrigued? Check out their digital brochure to see this year’s events. 

A totally different cultural experience is on offer at the Music in Monkstown festival (8 – 10 Sept), in the pretty seaside village of Monkstown in south County Dublin! This festival attracts musicians from all over the world and proves that classical music certainly is a universal language. There’s also a digital programme for this festival that you can check out ahead of time, and tickets are available on Eventbrite or at the door for each performance. 

This next one is for the history buffs. The Dublin Festival of History (25 September – 15 October) hosts over 150 free in-person and online events including talks, tours, debates and more. This festival is in its 11th year and has gained a reputation for providing a new perspective on the importance of history in our everyday lives. 

If you love theatre, then you’ve got to check out the Dublin Theatre Festival (28 Sept – 15 Oct). In venues all over Dublin, this festival showcases the best, most daring and exciting performances of Irish and international theatre. This is a great festival pick if you’re travelling in a larger group too, as discounts are available for groups of 10 or more. Have a browse of their festival programme here. 

Finally, the 18th year of Culture Night (22 September) is happening this September. This festival is hosted in different venues all across the island of Ireland but you should keep an eye out for events happening in Dublin while you’re visiting. From sketching workshops and tours to poetry reading and exhibitions, Culture Night is a lot of fun and not something you want to miss out on. 

Does our Community have any more suggestions?
Tags