Funding for home help

Funding for home help

Author
Posted Mon 4 Sep 2023 9:10 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 4 Sep 2023 9:10 AM Visits: 2
just wondering if anybody on here would have any information regarding with my elderly mother who currently resides in the UK with me would be qualifying for help to pay for her carers home help we call it here as we are thinking of emigrating to Donegal to be with family. she currently gets a pension topped up with pension credit. She receives attendance allowance and I receive carers allowance for looking after her. So my main question really is food. We receive all these things still if we resided in Donegal. Thankyou
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 6 Sep 2023 10:14 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 6:48 PM Visits: 76.1K
Hi Angela,

It's great that you're looking into the options for your mother's care as you consider moving to Donegal. The eligibility for social benefits can vary depending on your specific circumstances. I would suggest that you get in touch with the UK authorities to know what a move would imply for your mother's allowance and pension, as there would be a residency change. I found a section on the UK government website that may help you claim benefits if you move abroad.

As for your move to Donegal, you should contact the Health Service Executive (HSE) to inquire about the services and financial assistance available for your mother's care.

Let us know if you need to know anything else about County Donegal, especially for tourism purposes. We're here to help! 

Best,
Antoine