Accommodation

Accommodation

Author
Posted Tue 5 Sep 2023 7:20 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 5 Sep 2023 2:05 PM Visits: 286
Can you advise me where to find accommodation for 5 months near Dublin, 10km southeast in Naas if possible for a female student? Starting from this week. She is already in Naas staying in a hotel, but that is to expensive. Hope you can give me some advice where to search. Thank you, Angelique.

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Sep 2023 11:00 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)Community Expert (70.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Fri 12 Jul 2024 10:38 AM Visits: 13.4K
Hi Angelique,

How lovely to hear that your daughter is over with us to study!

You haven't mentioned which university but have you/she tried asking their accommodation services for advice and possible accommodation?

DAFT.ie would be a place to check out accommodation for the longer term than just tourism. I have pre-selected County Kildare and student accommodation to get you started but feel free to change this to suit. Rent.ie would be another place to try, as well as Rentola.ie and also Dorms.com.

As the student year starts to approach, may places will be taken already but you could try some community pages such as NaasTown.com

Hopefully, this will give her some more suggestions.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Sep 2023 11:59 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 5 Sep 2023 2:05 PM Visits: 286
Hello Martin, thank you for your reply. She is doing an internship for 5 months (september - january) in Naas. I will check the links you mentioned. Hopefully we can find some accommodation. Greatings, Angelique

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 6 Sep 2023 10:19 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 27
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:35 AM Visits: 76.6K
We'll keep our fingers crossed, Angelique!

I'd also recommend that you enable notifications on the platforms Martin suggested for the time being, so you can stay informed about any suitable listings.

Additionally, it might be a good idea to reach out to the host organization where your daughter will be interning; they could potentially provide leads or assistance in finding accommodation

Best of luck,
Antoine