Requirements

Requirements

Author
Posted Sat 9 Sep 2023 10:00 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 10 Sep 2023 8:18 AM Visits: 141
Hi, me and my friends plan to visit Ireland for one day for the first time. All 3 of us are British citizens living in England. My passport expired in 9 months, and my friends passports are already expired. Can we still use the expired passports to enter Ireland since it proves we’re British citizens? I hope someone can help. Thanks
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 10 Sep 2023 9:02 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)Community Expert (345 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 11:05 AM Visits: 623
Hello!

Thank you for writing on the Community Forum. 🤗

As you can read from this page on the official Citizens Information website it should not be a problem given that there are no routine passport controls in operation for UK citizens.

However, you must show identification to board a ferry or an airplane, and some airlines and sea carriers only accept a passport as valid identification. So you should also check with them what type of identification document they require.

You can find the remaining details on the page I have shared with you, but I also advise you to inquire through local authorities about traveling with expired passports and whether this could be a problem.

I hope this information helps you!

If you need any other advice on your itinerary too, don't hesitate to write to us.

Have a great day. ☘️