Possible Trip and Move?

Possible Trip and Move?

Author
Posted Sun 10 Sep 2023 6:28 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 22 Sep 2023 7:29 PM Visits: 5
Hi, 
I'm Shaina. I'm in Florida, USA. My great grandparents are from Ireland. I went there on a trip in 2010 and I wanted to live there forever. I currently have nothing really keeping me in America. I'm thinking of moving to Ireland. I'm working on getting my passport and would like to take a trip to Ireland to see if moving to Ireland would be a great idea. 
I really loved visiting. The people are amazing, everything is beautiful, the food is delicious, and I was really happy. 

Any ideas of what would be the best course of action for a visit?

I would sell my house here and live in Ireland in a rental for a few years until I get my citizenship while I work remotely is the plan. I'm currently a librarian but trying to switch to bookkeeping.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 11 Sep 2023 9:37 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)Community Expert (307 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Sun 5 May 2024 7:46 PM Visits: 3K
Hi Shaina, 

It is great to hear you wish to return to visit the Emerald Isle to reaffirm that you might want to move here. Do you have a particular part of Ireland you most liked and could see yourself settling down in? 

Citizens Advice has a great page on moving to Ireland which is well worth checking out and will cover a lot of questions you have relating to the process of emigrating. You also mentioned working remotely, We have a great page on digital nomads living in Ireland which may be of interest to you. 

Let me know if you have any more questions, and I would be glad to help. 

Cathaoir

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 22 Sep 2023 7:31 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 22 Sep 2023 7:29 PM Visits: 5
Thank you. I'm just hoping to go back and find a derelict house to purchase, fix it up, and then move there some day if possible.
I'm sorry for the delay. I'm working 3 jobs right now. I'm hoping to find some peace someday.