UK Full Driving Licence

UK Full Driving Licence

Author
Posted Sat 23 Sep 2023 12:36 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 23 Sep 2023 12:44 PM Visits: 2
Can I fly into Southern Ireland using my UK driving license?

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 24 Sep 2023 7:10 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 3 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Hi Terry,

How nice that you are considering a trip to the Emerald Isle! 

According to the Citizens Information website, UK and Irish citizens have to show photo identification when they travel by plane or ferry between the two countries. The rule of thumb is that you should carry a photo ID that follows the airline's requirements. Aer Lingus accepts a driving license while Ryanair seems to only allow passports and national ID's.

I'd suggest you check with your airline to make sure you have the correct travel documents.

Do you already have any travel plans while in Ireland? 

Cheers,
Antoine