Harp Theme Road Trip

Harp Theme Road Trip

Author
Posted Sat 23 Sep 2023 2:24 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 24 Sep 2023 7:11 PM Visits: 269
Hi,
I have a 9 year old girl who's fond of Harp and has been learning it for 4 years.
We'd like to organise a one week roadtrip to discover the Irish culture with this instrument as red thread / Theme.
But despite thorough research on internet I can seem to find activities/ events that could be interesting enough for a 9 year old kid.
Hope you can help
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 24 Sep 2023 9:29 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 10:59 AM Visits: 76.1K
Hello there!

A road trip to discover the Irish culture sounds like a fantastic idea! Hope I can help you find some activities and events that would be interesting for your daughter.

First of all, one of my suggestion is to go see the Brian Boru Harp, displayed at the Trinity College Library.
Another option is to visit the Irish National Stud and Gardens in County Kildare. They have beautiful grounds to explore, and you can even find the majestic harp-shaped Lake of Harmony there. Additionally, keep an eye out for traditional music sessions in pubs. Some of them happen during the afternoon or on Sundays for families to attend. Also, I have seen live harp performances in scenic locations such as the Cliffs of Moher

Finally, you could perhaps contact professor Janet Harbison. Her Irish Harp Center closed in 2016 but she might be able to give you suggestions if you contact her through this page.

Let us know if you need any further suggestions, hopefully more Community members will jump in.

Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 21 Jan 2024 2:26 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 4
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 23 Jan 2024 3:20 PM Visits: 14
Hi Antoine! Your thoughtful suggestions for experiencing Irish culture on a road trip, from the Brian Boru Harp to the Irish National Stud, are fantastic. The idea of seeking out traditional music sessions and contacting Professor Janet Harbison adds a personal touch to make the trip even more enriching for the daughter.