I’m looking for a cosy pub in Cork city, where would you recommend?

I’m looking for a cosy pub in Cork city, where would you recommend?

Author
Posted Thu 28 Sep 2023 11:02 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)Community Expert (264 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 19 Mar 2024 2:27 PM Visits: 640
You’re in luck – Cork’s pubs are legendary and there are loads of gorgeous little traditional spots all over town with open fires, great music and warming drinks. We’ve picked a few that we think are perfect for autumn. 

First up is Mutton Lane. Known as “Cork’s oldest pub outside of the Old Town”, this pub’s history is in its name, as it’s located in the lane that was once used by farmers to bring sheep into The English Market. Today, the outside lane is decorated with a brightly coloured mural and tables under fairy lights, while the inside is a dark, wooden, candle-lit pub with the cosiest of snugs (a screened-off space attached to the bar)! 

Nothing warms you up quite like an Irish coffee, and one of the tastiest can be found in Le Château Bar on Patrick Street. Don’t let that French name fool you, they most definitely know what they’re doing with this classic winter warmer. Le Château Bar was established in 1793 and has become a bit of a landmark pub in Cork city, recognisable by their bright-red gated entrance. Inside, it’s all gorgeous tiled flooring, warm wood and cosy vibes – a winner on a cold day. 

If you’re looking for a bit of entertainment, Sin é is the place to go. Established in 1889, this much-loved spot is a collage of dark wood, stained-glass windows, nostalgic décor and rustic furniture, giving it that classic cosy-pub feel. It has also claimed the title of the long-established home of traditional Irish music in Cork city, with music seven nights a week. 

And finally, if you’re looking for some great, warming food with a traditional Irish twist, try The Oliver Plunkett where you can enjoy Irish stew, beef and Beamish stout pie, and bacon and cabbage. The Oliver Plunkett has a lively music scene too, and whiskey aficionados are sure to enjoy the Frisky Whiskey Bar – just a stairwell away from the main pub. Designed to evoke the feel of small town Ireland, it’s a vibey little place filled with old Irish instruments and old fireplaces. 

Does our Community have any favourite cosy pubs in Cork city?
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 11 Oct 2023 6:16 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 11
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 27 Oct 2023 5:03 PM Visits: 58
O'Sho on Douglas Street is great. Get dinner in the nearby Myzaki Japanese restaurant and eat it in O'Sho after ordering a drink. ;-)
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 13 Oct 2023 12:30 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Thu 25 Apr 2024 1:03 PM Visits: 661
Hi Dara,

You're on the ball again - good suggestion!

Regards,
Eoin